Sunday, April 10, 2011

28 years after---

They have these horror movies 28 days later and 28 weeks later. Both horror movies. Maybe its time to make 28 years later; but this one is about cricket: the one in which we win the World Cup, obviously! Last Saturday was magnificient; watched the match with Lob in his guest house room; but the only regret that I will
evermore have is to have missed the biggest party in the world. So many people went to Marine Drive after the match ended. I wonder why it didn't come to our mind. The only interesting thing that I did is to go out with the folks next day to have brunch at Theobroma and watch a movie (Sucker Punch) after that.

But it was fun!

Anyway, have completed a first version of the synopsis, which I want to give Rajiv to read tomorrow. Writing this stuff destroyed two weeks of my time; much beyond my expectations. And I have to hurry; but I hurry too much then I have to leave TIFR soon as well keeping me straddled at some undecided place as a visitor. Creepy! And on top of that parents behaving like children; what a dismal thing it is. And today, dunno why, but spent a lot of time on YouTube watching a lot of romantic videos. Hell, they distract me; draw me to another world, full of risks, wonderful feelings, emotions, actions and what not!

Didn't want to make an abrupt end; but unfortunately can't go on much longer. But before I finish, let me mention this author Umberto Eco. After Swastik-da mentioned a book of his that he was reading, The name of the rose, I got hold of the e-copy; and it was so obsessive that I finished it in two days. The plot is historical thriller; and therefore a perfect match for my taste. A new book is going to come out, The Prague Cemetery. And thats when the kindle comes in.
After deliberating a lot, I think I should get an e-book reader. I mean, I keep on reading these e-copies shamelessly; I should try to protect my eyes. And I have my
whole contingency untouched! Well, well, we'll see.

No comments: