Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dreams, deliriums and one-night stands

The story of what I went through in the past two days, would include all the above three words: a one-night's (more precisely two) stand that brought free dreams and deliriums.
It all originated in the wicked desire that I had on Sunday to have pizza. Having seen nobody in the office with whom I could have dinner; and deciding to catch up with the jogging, I decided to order a pizza at night. It was a medium sized pizza from Smokin Joe's, along with an assorted garlic bread and a coke---an amount which I have had before at times, and succeeded admirably.
This time however, it proved to be somewhat heavy--causing me get up at 2 different occasions in Sunday night seeking cold water to quell a parched mouth. Not to speak of the intermittent vampire dreams that I had.
Monday woke up late with an extremely heavy stomach that counseled my reason not to go ahead to the office, but simply sleep more and pass the day.
But just had biscuits and soup only, since the stomach was still heavy and a visit to the loo hadn't helped. By night, I was becoming scared of the apathy to work that was being generated--I felt that that I didn't go to the office for no reason.
If the night before was just dreams, this night deliriums took over. I went to the loo about once every one-and-a-half hour to extreme excretions of foul smelling liquid stuff. By early morning, this had turned to gas and mucus, but it still didn't stop. I couldn't rehydrate myself with water, since that chose to come out as my back-ward excreta with mucus within 5 minutes. And in between these visits to the loo, was trying to sleep, but of course without the least fraction of success. Kept on being in deliriums---punctuated by intervals of watching movies to pass the time. The only respite in all this, was that I online on skype with babun-da and that was doing wonders.
By early morning, I was so weak and faint headed that I'd just toss and turn in my bed relentlessly, sometimes going down to sleep on the floor, until the next wave of stomach pain sent me rushing to the loo.
Hah, what a night! Didn't get a single wink of sleep. In the morning, somehow managed to drag myself to the canteen to have a toast and jam with sweet black tea. Have been safe since then!
What a night's stand!

No comments: