Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It was wonderful weather today. It usually is. It usually has been for the past two weeks. An perfectly heavenly spring, when you want to forget everything about work and sit in the sun, and talk, -- and have fun. I walked back from work today, -- got out a bit early than usual, since was not feeling like working, and then instead of taking the tram or the train, decided to walk back. The University is in the center of the town, very close to the old town of Bern, and the place where I live is in the westernmost part of the city. I've never walked back before, but today I did.
And I felt the sorrow. Not the persistent one that knocks, and bothers you; but the one so deep, so meaningless, and so mild, that you would not be able to express it. Evening is really powerful. I could explain all the three adjectives that I used to describe it, but I choose not to --- characterizing the feeling in any set of words would not only miss the point, but would be wholly inadequate. 

No comments: