Friday, November 19, 2010

Ramona and Beezus

If it does happen that you are feeling down and depressed, that sick feeling inside your stomach that refuses to manifest, Ramona and Beezus could go some way to comforting you. Nothing like Bridge to Teribithia, this one simply focuses on the lives of two sisters in mid-Western America and the people that matter to them. I went on waiting for something great to happen, some exciting and out of the place adventure to happen, but none did. It was ordinary, far too ordinary. But it wasn't until the end that I realized that among the ordinary was really hidden something extraordinary. The movie was timeless and placeless: you could have set the plot to be somewhere else and at some period of time, and yet it would be as good. Had I been in any other mood, I would have been ecstatic when the movie ended. I was too upset over something, but this movie went far to lift my spirits.
Of course, I have seen lots of movies better than this, but this had some quality to it that clicked at the right point of time at the right situation.

No comments: