Tuesday, November 22, 2011


Agent 6Agent 6 by Tom Rob Smith


Yes, it's another of those books by Tom Rob Smith which is very accurate with historical details---and the story has a unique flavour. I am slightly upset by the book,---don't get me wrong, its wonderfully written, and I appreciate the time spent in reading it,--but in my opinion the central plot is rather weak. Raisa's death is the result of an accident, which went wrong, and carries the status of murder--thats all right; but it doesn't show the ingenuity of the FBI agent. Somebody less intelligent might have done the same. I guess I was expecting a much deeper plot; and therefore was not very satisfied when things did take their face value! The entire episode of the Afghan war, though very meticulously written, is rather long-winded and takes the flow well off the main course of the book---in fact, the Afghan episode itself assumes an independent and large sub-plot which the author could have done without! All in all, I'm very happy to have read the book, but probably not as happy as after "CHILD 44" or "THE SECRET SPEECH".


View all my reviews

No comments: