Saturday, July 17, 2010

It was a cloudy day, and we were there in some sort of a huge stadium. Not these modern stadiums you see in the movies, but in a pretty old fashioned one where the benches were made of wood. I don't exactly remember what game was being played, but I remember the moment when everything suddenly stopped and there was a great commotion in the skies. A huge object has started approaching us, the stadium. It was there in a sudden flurry, and before you could start wondering what it was--it revealed itself to be a huge spaceship. Pretty huge, I'd say, but I can't give you the exact dimensions. It was alien. How did I know it? I don't know, but somehow all of us were sure that it was an alien ship, though there was nothing in the make to suggest it to be so. And we didn't panic. We didn't try to run away. We just sat there, in wonder, gaping at the huge shape in front of us, that was slightly wobbling as it was trying to maintain it's height in the sky. And then, from nowhere, this other large ship appeared in the stadium, which was, by now I had realized, was far from being circular. It was like a curved runway, but made of earth. If the Earth was expecting to fight the aliens with this ship then it was going to be a poor job. The Earth-ship was equally unobtrusive as the alien one, but it was smaller in shape and more wobbly on the ground than the alien one was in the sky. But it made up to the sky--and then suddenly a flurry of smaller ships appeared on the runway and started taking off. We all waited and watched in wonder what would happen--what the Earth to offer, more? And then I suddenly asked myself, why do we have to fight? Why can't we ask these people, or however shaped they were, what they wanted?  I imagined that there should be a helicopter in white, waving white flags going to the alien ship. But what if the aliens didn't know the meaning of white? What if they blew the helicopter up thinking it was a sign of aggression? 


I was kept wondering. I don't know what happened next, since I think I woke up at that point. If you want to know what happened next, you could try going to sleep after watching the movie, "Race to the witch mountain", and maybe you'll get the same dream I had, or a much more interesting one. Anyway, that's one of the reasons I have trouble in getting up once I fall asleep. So many dreams, so many stories. I yet have to upload my photos and/or tell you about the trip to Lattice and Extreme QCD.

No comments: